Back with the videos and this week, it is how I celebrated independence day at Oniru private beach.
As you know, Nigeria clocked 58 on Monday, the 1st of October, 2018. It was a public holiday and I got to enjoy it with strangers and friends alike.
Oniru Private Beach is located on Ligali Ayorinde. Sandy and the ocean view is beautiful. I got to climb a horse, maybe not for the first time but definitely my first since I became an adult. I wasn’t going to let the horse take me on a ride though. At least not after watching ‘My Christmas Prince’ where the horse threw the journalist away. Besides, that wasn’t the first time I have seen that happen in movies. Before the horse begins to feel some type of way and throws me into the ocean, all I did was take pictures on it.
If you will like to go to the beach, here is what you need to know;
- There is a gate fee of about 1000 Naira.
- There is a car park fee of 200 Naira.
- There is a toilet fee of 100 Naira.
- There is a horse riding fee of 1000 Naira.
- To take pictures with the horse alone is 500 Naira.
- There are bars where you can get drinks.
- There are mallams selling suya.
- There is are small tents for rent.
All in all, I had a good time but quite frankly, I would rather not visit on a public holiday. The traffic in and out is quite cumbersome. However, once I got in, I forgot the traffic until I was ready to go home. Click the play icon below to watch the clip we put together just for you.
Please, do not forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel